close Frequently Asked Questions
How to order glasses online?
- 1. How do I place an order with EyeBuyDirect?
- Click on the catalog button to browse our online collection,
have your prescription in front of you for reference - select a frame, fill your prescription and you're on your way to a new pair of glasses!
- 2. How do I obtain my prescription?
- Your optician or eye doctor is required by law to provide you with your prescription. Be sure to ask for a clear and legible copy.
- 3. How can you charge such market beating prices?
- Our frames begin as low as $6.95 because we are 100% internet retailers. Moreover EyeBuyDirect focuses on top quality frames directly from the manufacturer.
No retail costs are passed on to consumers, and the process is completed all in one shop. As soon as you place your order, we can proceed to lens production and glasses assembly. We accomplish this all under one roof (and website), bypassing traditional (and unnecessary) market costs.
- 4. How do I track my order?
- You can log in to your account online and you will be able to see the status of your order. You may also contact our Customer Service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-855-EYEBUY1 (1-855-3932891).
- 5. Can I use my contact lens prescription for ordering glasses with you?
- Prescriptions for contact lenses often vary when compared with prescriptions for glasses. Make sure the prescription you have specifically matches your need for glasses.
How to read my prescription?
- 6. How do I read my prescription?
- On a typical prescription, you will see two sets of rows. Most of the time top portion is for your OD or right eye while the bottom portion is for your OS or left eye.
For Distance correction, there should always be a value under Sphere and most of the time it is negative. Its abbreviation is 'D.V.' which stands for Distance Vision.
For Reading-only correction, there should always be a value under sphere and most of the time it is positive. If there is a value under Near Vision (N.V., N.V.O.) then enter the power in the BOTTOM half of the form and leave the ADD power blank or ("0.00").
For astigmatism correction, please note that that Cylinder (CYL) and Axis are always provided together. For any value of Cylinder there should always be a value for Axis. Some doctors use positive (+) cylinder and some uses negative (-), there is a big difference between the two so please pay close attention to the positive and negative signs. If you don't have astigmatism correction, doctors might just leave it blank or simply SPH or DS which means Sphere or Diopters Sphere. Axis should be from 1-180 degrees, if you see a value like '5' under axis, this is also the same as '005' or '5 degrees'. It should always be a whole number and there should no be decimal point on the axis.
For Bifocals and Progressive lenses, please check with your eye doctor whether the Addition is for Bifocals or Progressive. Most of the time, compared to the Bifocal Addition, the Addition of the Progressive is higher by 0.25, so please verify. An indication to know if your prescription is for Progressive, is a PAL note written on the prescription. Only one ADD, means the addition for the Left and Right eyes are the same. Please be advised that we process a minimum of +1.00 and maximum of +3.00 for Addition powers.
Eye Doctors will sometimes leave out the decimal point on the Sphere, Cylinder and Addition. For example, -25 or +175, this is understood -0.25 and +1.75.
Very importantly, pay close attention to plus and minus sign as this will greatly affect the lens. If there is anything on the prescription you are not familiar, please call our Customer Service and we will be happy to assist you.
- 7. What is my Pupillary distance (PD), and how do I obtain it?
- PD, or pupillary distance, is the distance from the center of the pupil (the black spot in the eye) of one eye to the other. This measurement refines the positioning of your lenses within the frame you have chosen. It can be provided in minutes by your optician or doctor, and so we recommend that you ask for it when you have your vision checked. Alternatively, you may ask someone to measure it for you but advise them to be at about an arm's length away from you. You can also measure by yourself by facing a mirror. For single vision lenses, you may choose to use an average PD of 63mm, but for Bifocal or Progressive lenses, we still strongly recommend to get this information from your optician. For your information, most adults' PD are between 55-65mm. Sometimes doctors will provide two different values for PD, below are some scenarios:
a. The values are higher like 65/60, the first PD is usually for Distance PD and the second is for Reading PD
b. The values are lower like 33.5/31.5, the first PD is usually for the Right Eye and the second is for the Left Eye.
c. The values are the same like 30.5/30.5; you can add these two values together as we only have one field for PD. We will just divide it on our end.
- 8. What types of frames do you sell?
- We offer a variety of plastic, metal, memory or flexlite (bendable frames that retain their shape), titanium, designer and sports frames. All of our frames are hypoallergenic and come complete with complimentary case and cleaning cloth. For a complete list please click on our online catalog.
- 9. Do you have a retail store where we can fit your frames?
- We currently don't have a retail store. Being a pure internet shop is what allows us to offer our customers such low prices. For fitting, we recommend to look unto the interior sidebar of a frame you own to see the dimensions that suit you best. You can compare this with the dimensions on the product info pages, or better yet give the numbers to our Customer Service Reps so they can suggest a few frames that will fit you perfectly.
Note: Glass Dimensions are measured in millimeters:
Lens width - Nose Bridge - Sidebars x Lens height
50 - 14 - 135 X 24
- 10. I don't have a prescription, I would just like the frames. Can I get non-prescription lenses fit into the frames?
- Absolutely, on the personalized page, please click on the 'Fashion only' box and we will send you the frames with non prescription lenses.
- 11. Do you offer Children's eyeglasses?
- Yes, we offer varieties of Children's eyeglasses. You may select the link below to view the Children's eyeglasses.
- 12. Do you offer prescription sunglasses?
- Definitely! We suggest you to select of a frame of your choice and make sure to click on the 'Tint' option on the personalized page. Currently, we offer brown, grey and green colors and 20%, 40%, 60% and 80%. The 20% is the lightest and 80% is the darkest and most commonly used in sunglasses. Please note however, that we don't recommend putting an additional Tint on all our Sports glasses as their outer lenses is already tinted.
- 13. Do you offer the tint that changes color indoors to outdoors and vice versa?
- Yes, we call it Photochromic. When you are indoors, the tint will be very light. And when you are outdoors, it will get dark depending on the direct exposure to sunlight. Please be advised that these lenses do not get as dark as a typical sunglass.
- 14. Can we have lenses both tinted and photochromic?
- Lenses are either photochromic, where the degree of the tint changes, or constant tint, depending on what you wish to have. The two features therefore, are incompatible and can not be selected simultaneously.
- 15. Are there any limitations for Bifocals or Progressive lens?
- Yes, not all frames are doable with Bifocals or Progressive. The lens height of the frame should be at least 30mm. We want to make it easier for you to identify which frame can or can't be done with Bifocal or Progressive by putting a check or cross mark on the item page. If you need more advise, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department.
- 16. Can Sports frames be with prescription?
- Yes, absolutely, our entire sports frame has inner and outer lenses. The inner lenses are designed especially for prescription. Bifocals and Progressive features can also be applied on some of the frames. However, we don't advise to put on tint or photochromic on the inner lenses as the outer lenses is already tinted.
- 17. What are the lenses made of?
- We use light weight CR39 and polycarbonate plastic lenses. Our standard lens is 1.499 index. We also offer 'thin-light' (1.57) , 'super thin' (1.6), 'Ultra-thin (1.67) and 'As Thin as possible' 1.74 lens upgrades as well as Polycharbonate (PC) 1.59 index lenses. We especially recommend these upgrade if your sphere is +/-2.50 and above. Our recommendations as follows:
Sphere Power Index
+/- 0.25 to +/-2.50 --- 1.499
+/-2.50 to +/-5.00 --- 1.56
+/-5.00 and above --- 1.67
We do not offer glass lenses or Ultra-Thin 1.71 high index.
Furthermore, all our frames come with top quality, anti-scratch, single-vision lens. You may select from a variety of coatings such as UV-coating and Tint, each coatings for an additional charge of $4.95 and Anti-Glare coating for $6.95. You may also choose bifocal lenses or progressive lenses for an additional cost of $19 and $39, respectively.
- 18. How do you divide the distance and reading portion on Bifocal or Progressive lenses?
- Normally, the division is 60% of the lens height for distance and 40% of the lens height for reading. But of course, you are very much welcome to inform us your preference in division. Please include a note on the order form or call us as soon as you place your order, we will make sure to note it on our end.
- 19. What type of bifocal lens do you use?
- We use Flattop 28 for all our bifocal lenses.
- 20. Do you offer prism and trifocal correction?
- Currently, we only offer single-vision (Distance only or Reading only), bifocal and progressive correction only. We don't offer prism trifocal correction.
- 21. Do you sell lenses alone?
- No, we offer our lenses with our frames as a whole package.
Delivery and Shipping Methods
- 22. How long will my glasses take to prepare?
- If your prescription information was provided completely. You can expect to receive your new glasses within 14 Business Days - directly to your door (...it usually takes much less...).
- 23. What are the shipping methods you offer?
- Currently, we can process and ship your order to you via USPS Priority Mail or courier. For USPS Priority mail, tracking number is NOT provided and you will receive order within 14 Business Days. For courier, we are availing the service of the UPS two-day service; you will get your order within 14 business days. With this service also, you will get a tracking number which will be sent to you via email. For customers outside US, we highly recommend that you avail of UPS / DHL as this will enable you to track the status of your order. When shipping to Canada we will use Landmark Global.
- 24. What if I entered some information incorrectly?
- Make sure you write down your order number, contact us within the hour of ordering and email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-855-EYEBUY1 (1-855-393-2891), and make sure we have your correct prescription.
- 25. What if my frames need adjustment after I receive them?
- We suggest walking into a near by optical center, in most places they will be happy to assist you free of charge.
- 26. Do you accept cash and cheques?
- Currently, we don't accept cash, cheques and money order. We only accept major credit cards and Pay Pal payments.
- 27. What are the available methods of payment?
- We use Authorize.net to securely accept Amex, Visa, Discover, MasterCard and PayPal payments.
EyeBuyDirect PayPal account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28. Is the Payment page Secure?
- We have chosen the best e-commerce service in the industry, and guarantee secure payment processing.
- 29. Can I get a sales invoice?
- Yes, you can request this from our customer service reps and we will be happy to email you a copy of the invoice. This invoice can be used by customers who need it for reimbursement by their insurance companies or work place.
- 30. What is your returns policy?
1. Customer MUST contact Customer Service prior to returning an order and obtain an Authorization Return Email.
2. The returned item must be complete with case and cleaning cloth.
3. A delivery confirmation number of the returned glasses must be provided to our Customer Service team.
4. Refunds are applicable to orders within 14 Business Days upon receiving the glasses. Beyond this, the customer is still entitled to a replacement within 12 months.
5. Should the customer decide to choose a frame of higher value, the difference will be charged.
6. hould the customer decide to choose a frame of lower value, the difference will NOT be refunded.
7. Should the customer decide to choose upgrades of higher value, the difference will be charged.
8. Should the customer decide to choose upgrades of lower value, the difference will NOT be refunded.
9. Shipping and handling costs will NOT be refunded.
11. Designer Frames (branded), Sunglasses, Sport frames, and Accessories are not included in the return and refund policy.
- Toll free: 1-855-EYEBUY1 (1-855-393-2891)
- Email: email@example.com
Save this frame until you come back with a prescription
and get a 10% discount on your entire order!