Wednesday, 13. February 2013
You’ve probably heard the old wive’s tale about eating carrots to improve your eyesight. Well, there’s some truth to that popular notion. Many nutrients, including Omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E, may help prevent age-related eye and vision issues.
So to get the maximum benefits, make green, leafy veggies, salmon and tuna, eggs, nuts, and citrus fruits a regular part of your diet. Then you'll be well on your way to warding off macular degeneration and cataracts!
To help make sure you're getting this items into your diet regularly, we've rounded up some delicious recipes for you to enjoy. Healthy eyes and great food? Sounds like a win-win to us. Enjoy!
Green, Leafy Veggies:
- Raw Tuscan Kale Salad
- Kale with Sausage & White Beans
- The Best Baked Spinach
- Wilted Spinach and Cherry Tomatoes
Salmon & Tuna
- Maple-Glazed Salmon with Walnut Oil Vinaigrette
- Asian Salmon Burger
- Grilled Vegetable and Tuna Salad with Salsa Verde
- Tuna and Pesto Sandwiches
- Baked French Eggs
- Arugula and Bacon Quiche
- Avocado Black Bean Omelette
- The Best Egg Sandwich You'll Ever Have
- Tamari and Maple Roasted Almonds
- Turkey Breast with Mushrooms and Walnuts
- Penne with Chicken, Green Beans and Cashew Butter
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies