Making your own homemade eyeglasses cleaner is a great idea for many reasons. While you can always buy your own little spritz bottle on a breakaway visit to your optometrist, it’s actually easier to just make it yourself. It’ll save you a trip and it’s easier than it looks! The best part? You’ve probably got all of the ingredients you need in your kitchen already, so you can save your money for something else.
DIY Eyeglass Cleaner for Plastic Lenses
When it comes to making your very own DIY eyeglass cleaner, there’s a variety of different tricks out there. Some of the below recipes will offer quick and easy ways to give your glasses a thorough rinse, while others will help you make your very own on-the-go cleaning solution. Give them a read to see which one works out the best for you!
How to Make Eyeglass Cleaner with Soap
- To make an alcohol-free eyeglasses cleaner with soap, first prepare a medium-sized bowl of warm water.
- Add in a couple drops of your dishwashing detergent.
- Mix it in gently with a spoon.
- With two hands, take your glasses by the arms and dip the lenses into the bowl.
- Afterwards, you can either let your glasses air dry, or wipe them dry with a cotton or microfiber cloth.
This method completely rinses and washes your lenses gently. While cleaning your glasses with only a cloth is okay when you’re in a rush, it ultimately has a high chance of simply pushing unseen debris on your lenses to the side. You also run the risk of scratching your lenses with the debris already on the cloth that you’re using.
How to Make Eyeglass Cleaner with Alcohol
- Fill 3/4ths of a spray bottle (any size works!) with common rubbing alcohol
- Add two drops of liquid dishwashing soap to it
- Fill the rest of the spray bottle with water, and shake it gently
- Make sure there’s no bubbles in the liquid when you spray it!
- Spray each side with the cleaner, and then gently rub dry with a clean and soft cotton cloth.
And there you have it. Your very own eyeglass cleaning solution! With this recipe, you’ll be able to craft liquid for your very own spritz bottle. It’s the perfect way to give your old store-bought bottle a much-needed refill. Saves you time and money, with no headaches required!